As many of us are bracing ourselves for sub-zero temperatures and blasts of icy weather accompanied by a healthy (or not so!) dose of snow, it’s crucial that we make sure our cars are ready to handle it and also that we are fully prepared as drivers.
Rosedale Leasing’s top bad weather driving tips
- Don’t drive in bad weather if you are over-tired and stop for a break in a safe place if you find yourself getting fatigued
- Give your car has a health check including checking your lights and windscreen, fix any cracks or chips that may be present on your windscreen before the weather worsens.
- Check tyre pressure and tread depths, and consider swapping to winter tyres if you are in an area where bad weather is predicted for prolonged periods of time
- Keep items in your car in case of emergencies, like blankets, a torch, food and a map
- Try and keep at least half a tank full of fuel – the last thing you want is to run out and break down in freezing conditions!
- Plan all journeys, allowing extra time to reach destinations and only make necessary journeys if the weather is dire. In addition, always check the weather forecast before setting out
- Stay focused and avoid distractions – if children are travelling with you, make sure that they have enough to keep them entertained
Soon to be announced are Rosedale Leasing’s SUV special offers for business users and individuals. Watch this space!
In the meantime, we hope that you have found our top bad weather driving tips blog useful – browse our website today or call 0845 148 3012 if you would like to find out more about leasing a brand-new car!